The Friends of Holden Park, Oakworth was established in April 2004. Mavis Curtis and Alan Rhodes had the idea to set up a group of interested people who would like to maintain and improve the beauty of the park and the unique stone grottos built by Isaac Holden.
We have regular work parties to clear paths, put plants in and do many other jobs in the park, see our calendar for dates.
If you think you might like to help out in the park, you will be made most welcome. All you need is suitable clothing for gardening and walking boots or Wellingtons. We have all the tools required for this work, and we even have a kettle and tea or coffee etc for a cuppa afterwards. See the future events listed below for details of our next work party.
Anyone may join our group, just come to any of our events listed in our calendar, you will be made very welcome.
You may if you wish post messages for us in the Holden Park section of the Oakworth Village Forum, which is open to everyone - see the link at the top of the webpage.
- Read our short, medium and long term aims and objectives aims and objectives
- Learn more about Sir Isaac Holden and Oakworth House
- Find out about our plan to restore Sir Isaac Holden's granite drinking fountain
- See the restoration of the mosaic floors
- See the work carried out on Sir Isaac Holden's Summer House
We have run several different types of events during the years:
- Easter Egg Hunt
- Picnic in the Park
- Carol Singing